, , ,

Here is the story of Kinley’s arrival on January 3, 2014

After a chaotic day prior, the day we anxiously waited for had arrived. On Friday morning, we arrived at the hospital at 5:00 a.m. and checked in on the second floor. Once checked in, we were taken to the room to the prep for surgery. The IV was by far the most painful part of the morning. The nursing assistant blew my vein out on the first attempt and had the nurse insert it the second time. The nurse reviewed my medical history all the while referring to me as mommy. Yes, in just a short while this would be true. Justin and I were then left alone to wait for the arrival of our doctor and anesthesiologist. We talked about how we couldn’t believe this day had finally arrived.  We prayed for a safe delivery without complications and a healthy child to be born. Close to 7:00 a.m. we were taken to the operating room. As Justin waited in the hall, I awaited the arrival of the anesthesiologist. After a few minutes of waiting the Operating nurse called the anesthesiologist and confirmed with him that he had not been told the C-section would be performed earlier and that he would arrive within the next 20 minutes. (The time was moved up from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. the day prior)The nurses walked me back to my room, where Justin and I waited for the arrival of the anesthesiologist. It seemed as if only ten minutes had passed and the anesthesiologist was in the room introducing himself. The nurses walked me back to the operating room a second time, where I was prepped and the spinal block was administered. Once numb, my doctor entered the room and began to make an incision through my previous vertical scar. Justin was admitted into the room as our doctor began to make the incision. It was calm as the doctors, and hospital staff conversed with one another. During the procedure our anesthesiologist provided a narrative of what was happening during the procedure. It seemed like only minutes into the surgery, the anesthesiologist said “She’s almost out. Get ready, she is almost here. It looks like her hair is light.” In the next few seconds, I heard the anticipated sound of my daughter’s first cry. It was not like anything expected it was soft, and sweet.  I turn to look at Justin, asking him if he can see her. Justin looks at me and says, “I think her hair is dark.” Justin continues to describe her to me by saying, “She’s big. I think she’s big.” He handed our little miracle over to me. I was thankful that the nurses had not strapped my arms down as I held her for the first time. That was my one desire, to be the first one to hold her. She wasn’t crying anymore, she was so calm just staring at me.  She was healthy and already content being in my arms. I couldn’t believe that this little, tiny baby had just came out of my belly.  All I could say was “She’s so pretty.”  She was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. I was in love. In that moment, all felt right. I just laid there staring at her, taking in the first moments as a family of three. I had never felt anything as amazing as bringing a new life into this world. Instantly, the world now offered a greater reason to love.

Our precious miracle Kinley Love Griffin 7 lbs, 8 oz. 20 inches 8:50 a.m.
So happy to be blessed with this beautiful baby.
One of our first pictures as a family of three ❤